Monday, November 24, 2008

JUST ANOTHER MANIC MONDAY

First of all, I thought I'd have all kinds of time to blog and now I realize it's hard to fit it in some days. I wanted to blog last night and tell you about my Monday, but could not find the time. Then when I did sit down at the computer I tried to find out how to put music on my blog...that took an hour and as you can tell still no music. I'll talk to my tech. support guy in Peru to find out so you can listen to music as you read...
Monday mornings begin with Jim walking Emma to the Foreign Language School for her Korean class. He takes Emma in a taxi and then runs home. I offer to take her, but Jim enjoys the running. He wants to pick that back up again. he has missed running these past several years. When he comes in the door, Jameson, Selah and I leave to walk to the school. There is always something new to see. The kids complain about the walking, but I enjoy it. When it gets really, really cold we'll take a taxi. We start schooling in an unused classroom at the School and Emma joins us when her class lets out at 10am. She enjoys the class even though she is the only child and the other students (who are in their 20's ) talk about her when she speaks Korean. I'm sure she looks funny to other Asians speaking the language. Her teacher tells me she's doing just fine and Emma likes going. I'm so proud of her for going and doing something on her own.
We pack up and begin our trek home between 11:30 and noon. Yesterday we stopped to buy bread and our favorite coconut/fruit cookies that this Korean bakery has . When we walk in the door, Sunny (our helper) has our lunch ready. She always makes a hot Korean/Chinese lunch. We love her cooking....Jameson doesn't when there isn't meat but we can always bank on there being rice!!
After lunch I spend time on the computer chatting with Sara. Our skype is currently not working on our computer and we hope to get that fixed real soon, so for now we just chat. It's fun to hear of her times with her 2 new adopted children. My heart swells when I hear of the things she is experiencing with her children. We joke around that I was their at their conception because we pr**ed over the first papers sent to the adoption agency.....maybe that explains why I have such a bond...I am so excited to meet the children and get to know them. That day will come, but for now I enjoy chatting with their momma and loving her during this transition time.
Emma and I ran to a fancy-girlie store yesterday afternoon while Jim went back to the School to help with a heating problem. The other 3 kids stayed home with Sunny. Emma and I bought a few Christmas presents and she found all kinds of things she wants for her birthday and Christmas next month. We then stopped at another bakery on the way home and bought 2 small cakes for supper's dessert. The woman at the bakery helped us pronounce some words so it was like a Chinese lesson at the bakery.....now those are my kind of lessons...a little cake, a little lesson!

Joseph had been running a fever all day and when I got home it was at 103.8! The rest of the evening I tended to him. We brought from the States plenty of Tylenol and Ibuprofen and we used cool cloths on his head. He wanted to nurse alot which I was glad for, so he won't dehydrate. Jim and I don't agree on how to handle a child's fever so we both voiced how it should be done and then we did it his way. Our night was long with setting our alarm every few hours so we could check his fever and give more medicine. He doesn't have any other symptoms and he really isn't that cranky...just clingy.
So now it's Tuesday and Jim is at the school teaching our children and I get to stay home with Joseph. He is still running fever but is happy to follow Sunny around in his walker while I write. I'm still giving him tylenol regularly and he still doesn't have any other symptoms. Hopefully the other children won't get whatever he has, but they are always in his face kissing and loving on him....and he loves it!!
It's time for his morning nap now. I'll try to write of anothe day later. We miss you all and I hope this blog will be a way that we feel closer to you and you feel a little closer to us.




4 comments:

Kristi said...

OH Andra, Sunny sounds like a dream... A Dream I can only dream of...LOL...

I Hope Joseph starts feeling better soon. I love hearing about your days!!! I Can not wait to hear more. Miss you....

Hugs
Kristi

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you have this blog now!! I think about you guys all the time, wondering how you are doing! I'm praying for you.

LossFam said...

I am so excited that you are blogging!!!! I can hardly wait to get on the computer each day to see what is going on in your exciting life. Our family is thinking of you often. (It's kind of hard not to, because we have your picture on our fridge. And you know that's a place that visit frequently! lol) We just really miss the good times we shared in our small group with you guys. We had a great time on our trip to Gatlinburg. As the girls took their nap in the van, Tim & I enjoyed driving through the mountains. That was a great experience. Beautiful sights! It's great being a part of your life through this blog. Keep up the hard work. For now, I'm off to color with Payton while Gracie naps. Love you guys!
Heather

Fuson's in Alaska said...

Andra-
Hey neighbor, since I am closer to you now then anyone!!!
Is Joseph teething????? Just wondering??